World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO) prescribes the following ‘Ten Principles of Fair Trade’:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers.
- Transparency and Accountability.
- Fair Trading Practices.
- Payment of a Fair Price.
- Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour.
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Freedom of Association.
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions.
- Providing Capacity Building.
- Promoting Fair Trade.
- Respect for the Environment.