- Activity updates from Federation of Tibetan Cooperatives: FTCI inaugurates new office in Bengaluru: FTCI inaugurated today its new office, staff quarter, guest-house and conference hall. The inauguration program began with Sangsoel (fire puja) led by monks from Tashi Lhunpo monastery. As many as 100 guests from different organizations and institutes attended the function.
- FTCI launches new unit Tibet Infotech Solutions and releases Nyamdel Documentary film: Members of Tibetan parliamentarians in Bengaluru and Bylakuppe along with Chief Representative, Bengaluru jointly unveils Tibet Infotech Solutions during the inaugural function of FTCI office building. Before the official unveiling, FTCI CEO Mr Tashi Wangdu said, “Tibet Infotech Solutions, a pilot BPO project, is initiated by FTCI with the support from Tibet Fund. The main goal of this project is to provide meaningful and sustainable employment for Tibetan youth in the settlements.”
- FTCI participates in the 7th International Conference on Cooperatives in Noida: FTCI CEO Tashi Wangdu who had been appointed earlier as Joint Secretary/ Coordinator of the 7th International Conference on Cooperatives participated in the conference. The conference was jointly organized by National Federation of Tourism and Transport Cooperatives in India (NFTC) and National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI) at Marwa Studio in Noida from 11th to 13th Nov 2014 coinciding with 125 birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, First Indian Prime Minister and Father of the Indian Cooperative movement with a theme “Conservation of earth through global Cooperative principles”. The Conference was attended by hundreds of veteran cooperators and enthusiast youths from all over the world. FTCI CEO Tashi Wangdu made presentation on Tibetan Cooperative movement in India and FTCI export unit showcase Tibetan handicrafts at the exhibition center.
- Lugsam Cooperative Society and TDL Cooperative Society participated in the 61st All India Cooperative Week organized by Department of Cooperation, Government of Karnataka at Raitha Bhavan in Kushalnagar. Shri HS Mahdeva Prasad, Cooperation Minister, Government of Karnataka graced the function as a Chief Guest. Also present at the function were Shri K J George, District Incharge Minister, Shri V Srinivas Prasad, Excise Minister; Shri Appchu Ranjan, MLA & MP, Shri KG Bopaiaiah, MLA and Shri Venkatesh, MLA. GT Deve Gowda, President of Federation of Cooperatives in Karnataka and Registrar of Cooperative Societies also attended the function. Both the society displayed Tibetan carpets, incense, gift items and wall hanging at the venue along with other local Indian cooperative societies.
- FTCI launched a weekend Entrepreneurship training to support and facilitate Tibetan entrepreneurs on 31st Dec 2014. There will be a weekend entrepreneurship training course every month on the topic such as accounting and budgeting, making a business plan and sourcing funding, registration of firm and tax account, management and communication skill development, marketing and tally. Experts will give training and Tibetan translation will be provided.