Fair Trade Forum-India (FTF-I) is the National Network for Fair Trade in India. It works with more than 250,000 producers – artisans and farmers – through more than 100 member organisations. FTF-I is a not-for-profit organisation, registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860.
It is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization–WFTO, which is the global face of Fair Trade. FTF-I works to ensure a dignified income and overall development of artisans, farmers and workers in the unorganized sector.
World Fair Trade organisation (WFTO) prescribes the following ‘Ten Principles of Fair Trade’:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- Transparency and Accountability
- Fair Trading Practices
- Payment of a Fair Price
- Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Women’s Economic Empowerment, and Freedom of Association
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions
- Providing Capacity Building
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Respect for the Environment
List of our members in India
Click on the link- FTF I Members